25 Things

I’d love to eventually compile a list of 100 Things About Me, but just putting this list of twenty-five together for the Facebook meme took much more thought and effort than it probably should have.  Maybe I’ll just add to the list a little bit at a time so, for now, we’ll consider this a jumping off point.

1. I am a fairly repetitive person, meaning once I find something I like, I tend to listen/watch/eat/wear it over and over again until I am absolutely sick of it.

2. In spite of the above, one of my biggest pet peeves is repeating myself.  I’m warning you – ask me to say something I just said one more time and I’ll have to restrain myself from clawing at your face.  Ask me twice and all gloves are off.

3. Reese’s peanut butter cups have always been my favorite candy.  I didn’t think I could ever meet anyone who loved them more.  And then I met my husband. 

4. I’m pretty good with directions and can generally find my way anywhere if I’ve been there once.  Hindering this remarkable ability is my struggle with knowing my left from my right.

5. I tend to make very emotional decisions based almost exclusively on my gut instinct at the time.  This works out for me about 75% of the time.  Let’s not talk about the other 25%.

6. I love taking pictures and I think I’m pretty good at it.

7. Having my picture taken, on the other hand, is unbelievably unpleasant.

8.  I have only lived in three cities my whole life, all of them in Florida. 

9. In my opinion, whistling is one of the worst sounds on the planet.

10. I suffer from social anxiety but only when faced with small groups of people.  This makes networking and finding new friends extremely difficult.

11. Put me on a stage in front of hundreds, however, and you’ll watch me come alive.

12. I was a “vegetarian” for five years in high school but really hated vegetables.  I lived almost exclusively on fake meat, green beans and pasta.

13. Until recently, I worked with a man who looked EXACTLY like Milton from the movie Office Space.  Right down to the greasy comb over and ginormous glasses.

14. Ebin and I love taking road-trips and exploring new places.  Our current dream vacation is a cross country drive thru middle America.

15. When I was younger, I wanted to have five children.  As a grown woman, um…not so much.

16. Words I would never use to describe myself: athletic, graceful, stealthy or subtle.

17. I fear I might be developing cankles.  If this is the case, I might as well cut off my feet.

18. I once flew home to Jacksonville straight through a tropical storm.  In a tiny commuter plane.  With propellers.  It was absolutely terrifying and the closest I have ever been to becoming source material for a movie of the week.

19. Ebin and I have exactly the same sense of humor.  Together, we have the comedic IQ of a twelve year old boy.

20. For example, my first thought whenever anyone asks where something might be is always, “Up your butt.” 

21. I am thinking of training our dog Gus to be a therapy dog because I’m pretty sure he was brought onto this planet to make people smile.  He’s a lover and a giver.

22. My husband will tell you I have a freakishly keen sense of hearing.  And smell.  He will not tell you how he knows this.

23. I love people watching and listening in on other people’s really dramatic personal conversations. 

24. Almost three years ago, an upstairs neighbor was shot and killed behind my apartment.  We later found out that he had enough crack in his apartment to supply half of this city.  This single event will forever tarnish my view of Jacksonville.

25. I knew I would marry Ebin within 30 minutes of seeing him at a friend’s wedding.  It only took him three years to reach the same conclusion.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s