- A local portrait studio is having a “cutest baby” contest and I am not ashamed to admit that today, we went in and had Baby E’s picture taken to enter. Now, I realize that this contest was nothing more than a clever ploy to get customers into the studio and that we totally fell for it (and purchased a fairly expensive portrait package while we were at it), but you guys…you should see these pictures. I knew this kid was cute but these pictures are an embarassment of riches. The promotion ends tomorrow and I have no idea when they will select a “winner” but if we hear anything, I’ll be sure to post it here.
- This is not the picture we entered, just in case you were worried, but it was taken at the studio while the photographer was distracted. I know E will hate me for this later, but, he’s so pretty!
- I am desperate to find some cost effective (free), local activities that E and I can do together during the week that do not take place in a retail environment. There is only so much mall walking one girl can do before she goes broke buying cute clothes for her cute baby. And, I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but Target every day may actually be too much Target. I also don’t think he’s getting too much out of our shopping adventures. At this rate, his first words will be “Credit or Debit.” He’s so little and immobile and his interests are so limited that I cannot think of anything we could possibly do with our afternoons. Do you have a baby? If yes, what sort of activities do you and said baby enjoy? Please help, the walls are closing in.
- Baby E had his first run in with a stomach bug earlier this week and, let me tell you, we all suffered through that one. Thankfully, a friend at church gifted us a pack of perfectly sized diapers the morning the whole thing started so we were well prepared. It was really gross and we lost at least one really cute outfit to the cause but I think I handled the situation well, with no gagging and relative calm. At least until he pooped on me while I was taking his temperature. After that, I made Ebin take over dirty diaper duty whenever he was home until the illness had passed.
- Troops, America, flags, fireworks, hot dogs and hamburgers – I hope you celebrate it all this weekend. Happy 4th everybody!