1. Ladies and gentlemen – we have a tooth! His first pearly white (front, bottom right) popped through the gum on Tuesday. I feel like this child has been teething since birth, so to finally, FINALLY, see something come from all the drool and whining and sleeplessness is awesome! Pictures to come, if I can get him to take his hand from his mouth for five seconds.
2. We finally booked our New York trip(!), including tickets to see Jimmy Fallon(!!) which was like the one thing I wanted to do in the city. Beyond that, though, I’m not exactly sure how best to maximize our time. We’ll be there less than 72 hours and will really only have one full day for touristy stuff so I don’t want to try to cram everything into this trip. There is so much to see and do that the whole thing is completely overwhelming. Feel free to offer your New York City advice, suggestions, and ominous warnings.
3. I have not been to see a movie in a movie theater since September 17, 2010, when my husband and I wasted $20 to see Grown Ups. People, this cannot stand! I am desperate to see the final HP movie (I missed Deathly Hallows, Part 1 thanks to bedrest/early delivery/NICU baby) but don’t have a babysitter. I don’t even know how to go about finding a reliable, trustworthy mini-me to care for my preshus. How do normal people ever leave the house after 6:30 pm without dragging a cranky, screamy babe along? Suggestions, please.
4. Speaking of ill-tempered children out way past their bed time, tomorrow night, we will bring along our baby as we say so long to our dear, dear friend Charles who is moving away to Philadelphia to see the world, broaden his horizons and learn some stuff about God and the Bible at seminary. The baby won’t be the only one crying either. Charles was one of my very first friends when I moved to town and has remained the most loyal, most considerate, most wonderful person we know. We are super sad to see him go and we’re going to miss him like crazy. Philly, please be kind. Don’t be a stranger, Charlie Brown.
5. We’ve been working on helping Baby E with his speech and language development, but things aren’t going as one might hope. Something tells me we may have a bit of a battle on our hands:
Happy Friday, everybody! Hope you have a great weekend.